When should we hold a door open? An example is …
- When you have entered a building followed immediately by another person. Whether it be at a library, church, school, the mall, a theatre, or a restaurant, try holding the door open for the person following behind you.
What are the benefits for doing this?…
- It’s a nice thing to do
- You are being kind
- You are practicing good manners
- You are acknowledging the other person’s presence
- You are saying to the person behind you, “you matter”
- You want others to do the same for you
- You are not being selfish
If you want to be considered a “nice” person, try teaching and practicing this unwritten social code. You are in control and will feel better for it.
A source to explore...https://www.mannersmentor.com/the-five-manners-for-opening-every-door/