After reading the alleged comments made by the Rapper Future in some recent articles and interviews, I am left thinking “What the hell”?
I have so many questions; I don’t know where to begin! What are men thinking? Do men think women are things? Property? What are they thinking when they have sex with a woman? What are they thinking when they enter into a relationship? Do they only think about the physical act of intercourse or do they allow their brain to think about the consequences of their actions. I can guarantee you that one of the things most women think about before, during, and after sex is pregnancy, not just that they are laying up in bed with a cute man and having fun. The rash of men, who as a result of sex impregnate women, then walk away from that woman and child, boggles my mind.
· being a husband
· being a full time father
· being in a committed relationship
· loving a woman
He seems more concerned about…
· not being rushed into marriage
· not wanting a big wedding
· not being in the presence of people who made him feel uncomfortable
So my questions to him and men like him are…
· why can’t you just be a man…I know our roles are blurred these days but based on the old school definition, can you be a man?
· what is it about women that make you think that we don’t love our freedom as much as you do?
· what makes you think that we want to be single mothers?
· what makes you think that we are satisfied just having sex with you without a serious commitment?
· why do you think we want to be left taking care a child alone while you are out and about enjoying your life?
· why do you continue to inflict emotional pain on us because we choose to be with you?
For women, the consequences of having sex with men seems most often to leave us with a lifetime of hurt and sadness! Your idea of a break up is one that leaves us burdened with the responsibility of taking care of a child or children, a very slim chance of finding another partner, while you move on to the next available female to begin another conquest.
Well listen up Future and men like you, women are tired of the pain you inflict on us. We don’t like your inappropriate behavior. . your cheating, lying, and all other forms of unacceptable behavior. We don’t want to be your concubines, baby mamas or anything you may do that does not respect us and bring us joy. We don’t want to be left alone to raise a child or children you help create. We don’t just want to receive your monthly check because we know a child requires more than that. We can accept that after a while that you don’t like or love us anymore, but don’t for one minute think that we are satisfied being single, unmarried mothers. We relish our freedom just like you do.
If when our relationship is over there are no kids, we give a sigh of relief just like you do. Whatever the relationship results are when we are no longer together, we just choose to deal maturely with the cards that we have been dealt. You may choose to do whatever you wish with your life, but please remember that any woman you leave has a destiny to be fulfilled. It may not be with you and despite what you may say and do it will be fulfilled.
Future needs to stop and think before he speaks. He has already created a legacy no one should want to duplicate. He needs to take care of all of his children so they will never want for anything, and leave his “too many” baby mamas alone for destiny to be fulfilled.