Being thankful is a daily practice for most people, but when November comes, we in the US think about Thanksgiving. This by default makes us think about things we are thankful for and not just the feast on Thanksgiving Day.
Here are a few things I came up with for myself. Maybe it will encourage you to come up with a list of your own to share with others. I am thankful that…
- I still have function of my five essential senses. I do not take them for granted.
- I still have people who talk to and with me.
- I have something I don’t find in all people I interact with, empathy for others.
- I am still able to function reasonably well, even though some disappointments threaten to cripple me.
- I am able to be encouraging to others even when others don’t encourage me.
- I still have hope in this very confusing world.
- I sometimes complain about my life, but I am still able to help others who have a greater need than myself.
- I have the ability to unselfishly pray for the welfare of others.
- I find inspiration in the simple things.
- God continues to be merciful, and I am grateful.