It’s that time of year when most people are thinking about the holidays season, and especially gift giving. I have learned over the years that the stress of trying to shop and please everyone is not worth it. To help you stay more peaceful and stress free, try to remember that everyone who knows you well, already know who you are and what you are about. They know you love them, so don’t think that a Christmas present is going to be the determining factor of that love. No matter what you see on television, keep your focus and remember…
- During the holiday season, don’t celebrate the misfortune of others. Everyone does not have the same opportunities.
- Keep in mind that not everyone celebrate Christmas. Be respectful of that.
- Don’t worry about gifts. There are many who do not experience receiving or giving gifts as a holiday practice.
- Don’t allow what others are doing to influence what you should do. Be yourself.
- If you are blessed to have more than you need, share what you have with others.
- If you are not an atheist, go to church and worship with others.
- Don’t spend a lot of money on decorations. Simply brighten your home with seasonal colors.
- Make your own authentic decorations/toys for your home and family. Use what you have around the house.
- Tell your own Christmas stories. What a legacy you can create!
- Create your own Christmas traditions and enjoy the experiences that come your way.
Resource to explore: https://www.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Christmas, https://centsai.com/life/holidays/holidays-blogs/how-to-celebrate-christmas-without-gifts/