When you invest in building the self-esteem of a child, you are in fact helping him/her to become confident, to feel proud, and to believe in self. The child who lacks self-esteem, usually exist feeling sorry for himself/herself, lacks confidence, and thinks others are better, and smarter than he/she is.
Let’s get stated today to reinforce the self-esteem of a child. Use the ideas listed, also included on the chart below, to start the journey to develop strong, confident, well-balanced children. Can you imagine what the world will be like with our children being proud of who they are and being confident in their being?
Ways to Build Self-Esteem for Kids
- Remember no one is perfect.
- Show respect towards others and yourself.
4. Be responsible for your chores at school and at home.
5. Set goals and work towards them, step by step.
6. Forgive others, forgive yourself.
7. Make choices true to what you value.
8. Look in the mirror and tell yourself, “I love you.”
9. Don’t compare yourself with others; You are unique.
10. Do more of what makes you feel good about yourself.
When kids have self-esteem, they feel confident, capable, and accepted for who they are.
#Confident #Capable. # Accepted
Other sources to explore…https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/self-esteem.html, https://b-inspiredmama.com/build-self-esteem-in-kids/, https://confidencemeetsparenting.com/self-esteem-2/