What’s the deal? How do we when we are fifty or beyond, go forward embracing the experiences life has to offer, without wanting to “turn back the hands of time.” To help me along the way (and with some hesitation), here are some things I hope to put into practice to help me focus on the future without completely loosing my sanity…
1. Start looking at the grey hairs emerging from my scalp, and say something nice about them instead of wanting to banish them from my life right away.
2. Look at my aging body going through its growing pains, and begin to treat it with more tenderness. It has been exposed to a whole lot of harshness over the years.
3. Embrace the idea that my forever-aching feet cannot tolerate wearing high-heeled shoes as often as I used to. Though it give me the “it” factor, I should think about comfort not style.
4. Remove myself from anyone or anything that does not bring me peace. Being peaceful is going to help me to navigate the rest of my life without being in therapy forever.
5. Think about birthdays as the times in life to look forward to being who I really want to be, and doing what I can do without any limits.