So how do you teach your kids to be f? One might want to start by asking your kids what they can do on their own. Make a list of those things and develop a plan to expand the skill. For example if one of the things your child can do is write a story, how about encouraging them to create a story book.
So how do we create Self-sufficient kids…
- Stop wanting to do everything for them. Allow them to experiment and make mistakes. It’s ok!
- As problems arise, encourage them to find their own solution
- Instead of criticizing, try encouraging. Try to avoid criticism.
- Whatever they choose to do, tell them they are phenomenal and have such extraordinary talent(s). How breathtaking would that be.
- Use adjectives such as exceptional, outstanding, amazing, wonderful, sensational, and astonishing to describe what they are doing to help build their self-esteem.
- Give your kids chores/tasks to complete and make them follow through.
- Look out for opportunities that kids can do on their own and assign the tasks.
- Along the way, don’t forget to talk with kids about how they are doing and what they are learning.
If we don’t teach our kids how to sometimes rely on themselves as they grow, we will help develop kids who will fail to function effectively when faced with obstacles. They will always be depending on others to take care of them and their problems. Building independence takes time and patience, but the end result is worth it. What to do now? Take a step back and let your kids flourish.
#Self-reliant #Self-supporting #Independent